Simon Scarborough – Profile
The overriding attribute that Simon always displays is that he always delivers the project on time, completed and never creating a business plan that won’t add value, which is realistic and achievable.
Simon’s strengths include the ability to develop and get the best from management and staff and never to tolerate indifferent standards of food, service, guest and staff relations; he has an unrivalled track record in ensuring that hotels manage to combine excellence in their service with financial success, ensuring a good return to owners.
Simon specialises in market demand and financial feasibility studies, strategic planning and the formulation of location and product development plans.
In addition to appraising markets for existing products and brands, Simon has worked with Main Board Directors and Owners in developing new concepts, analysing their market potential and viability before delivering them to market.
Areas of experience
- Fast effective analysis of the current business & market
- Quick to obtain “buy in” from management teams
- Clear and concise in communicating what needs to be achieved
- Acquisition Feasibilities
- Kick-start ventures for small, medium & large accommodation providers
- Business Evaluation
- Financial Performance Analysis
- Sales and Marketing solutions with particular emphasis on room revenue
- Customer Care effectiveness
- Mystery Guest Programme
- Management one-to-one coaching, mentoring and development
- Focused Team Building
- Operating and Communication Systems
- Top and Middle Management Selection
- Profit erosion recovery planning
- Crisis management
- Partnership Projects
Simon Scarborough Associates partner with Your Company Matters Ltd who specialise in HR and Performance Management. Run by Lucy Cooper, they can support any implemented strategy as well as getting HR documentation up to date.